Sunday, May 15, 2011

Letter of Regret


When you're gone, and nothingness creeps
Mind slips into mystique slumber unknown
My eyes search for thee in vain, All that remains are
Thy memories in bounty and hopes forlorn.

I reminisce those good old times
As i sit alone, sequestered from the crowd
Too late it was when I realized
A pen is truly mightier than a sword.

Silent screams and lucid laments go unheard
As I make futile attempts to retrieve my loss
Don't leave, thy absence makes me feel
That our friendship is up for a toss.

Enticed into an aura of sinful regret
I wish what is done could be undone
Amidst chaos i transformed into an adamant soul
Fighting a battle that could never be won.

I etch my thoughts on a little scroll
And send it through a bird to thee
With a hope that my little bird that flew away
Shall, tonight, fly back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment